Youtube breaks in full screen

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
whenever I’m watching, YouTube video—full screen, and I leave the app after I pause the video, the video breaks. I can’t go back into it as the screen is black. The audio still works, but everything else is broken. This makes me need to reload the page. Very annoying but still fixable.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. go to youtube
  2. watch a video in full screen
  3. pause the video and leave the app
  4. go back in to brave

Expected result:
the video screen turns black but audio remains.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.45.2 (22.11.29.0)

Mobile Device details
iPhone 14 Pro, IOS 16.1.2

1 Like

Hello @Axoltz

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you kindly try guest mode, In order to get a Private window, you’d have to hit the tabs button (like you’re trying to switch tabs, it’s a little box with a number showing how many tabs open). Then while it’s showing all open tabs, you’ll see the Private button to click on.

Let me know if that works!

Yeah, just going into private browsing doesn’t work. It’s probably a glitch with this IOS update. Tell me if you get this same problem with whatever mobile device you’ve got.

btw, i’m using the brave search engine, idk if that changes the outcome

Hello @Axoltz

Thanks for your reply we appreciate the details. Could you kindly try to reinstall Brave Browser.

Let me know if that works!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.