Issue with YouTube mobile black screen for video after phone locks

I don’t know if it has something to do with iOS 16 but it at least happens more now. When I’m watching a YouTube video and pause it, my phone sometimes locks after time out and after unlock and opening brave the video is all black. Audio still comes through. It still is there after I force close the brave browser app and reopen. I have to reload the whole page to get it to fix. Issue with this is then YouTube looses my video settings and I have to redo them, like I mute the video and then change the resolution and playback speed. I get these setting are on YouTube’s end but wondering if anyone else experienced this screen blacking out.

Could you try clearing cache and check if that is still occurring?

Hello @iswo, thank you for letting us know about this. There is a new update, let us know if the issue persists after updating. Regards.

I have exactly this same issue :confused:

Brave 1.45.2
iOS 16.1.2

If i watch youtube video on fullscreen, lock screen (or a screen timeout), unlock screen and play there is no more video, only audio.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.