YouTube "an error occurred" when signed in revisited

Description of the issue: When viewing any YouTube video, while signed in to YouTube, the video will initially say “An error occurred, please try again later.” After about 10-15 seconds, the video starts playing normally. This is a continuation of this thread: Past few day i am getting this error in youtube.FIX it ASAP

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Visiting any YouTube video while you’re signed in causes the issue for me

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
YouTube shows “An error occurred, pelase try again later” for 10-15 seconds before playing any video.

Expected result:
Video should start immediately

Reproduces how often:
Any time I am logged in to YouTube and trying to watch a video.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Build 17134/Brave 0.62.50

Additional Information:
The issue does not exist in a private browser window and doesn’t happen unless you are logged in. You can clear your YouTube cookies to resolve the issue, but as soon as you log in, the issue will start happening again. If I delete the cookie “SID” from YouTube and then refresh the video it will start playing right away. Deleting this cookie also logs me out so it definitely seems to be an issue only when you’re signed in to YouTube.

@MDesigns,
Clearing YT cache data should resolve this issue as noted in the solution to the thread you linked to above:

Correct, but all that does is log me out of YouTube, as soon as I log back in, the issue represents itself. The other thing is that it doesn’t always happen. Sometimes when I’m logged in I can watch videos normally and then I will randomly start getting the error until I clear the cache again.

@MDesigns,
Can you test something for me?
Try logging into YT while using a Private window and streaming content as normal. I know you said that it’s unpredictable, so try this until you’re satisfied (or the error occurs, whichever comes first) and let me know what you find out.

1 Like

I spent a day watching videos logged in with a private browser window and I was not able to reproduce the issue, so I ended up clearing all my browser cookies/cache instead of just the YouTube cookies and the issue has not come back in 3 days now. It must have been some other cache file or cookie that was causing the issue.

Thanks for your support!

1 Like

You’re very welcome!
Glad that solved the issue. Please don’t hesitate to reach out should you have any further questions or concerns.