This used to work before but something changed and I can’t figure out what. When in Yahoo mail, I used to be able to see the pictures within emails, for example, a costco add email would should the product pictures. I have gone to settings both in Yahoo and in Brave and set “images” on. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Brave. Any help? Thanks in advance.
I’ve had images not load on me before. For me, waiting a few days just seemed to fix it, but you can try a few steps to try fixing it now:
- Check your browser is up to date at brave://settings/help
- Clear your cache, history, and other browsing data.
- Turn off any firewalls you might have, and turn off Brave shields on the affected webpage.
- Try using another browser to see if the issue persists. If it doesn’t, then I’d just recommend waiting a bit since the issue fixes itself in my case. This kind of issue isn’t just Brave-specific, I’ve had it happen on all kinds of browsers.
- You can clean up your system with a file cleaner tool that cleans unnecessary files. Check you have the latest OS for whatever you’re using.
I’ve got the same problem. I suspect Yahoo is at fault. I’m waiting for the holiday to be over and Yahoo’s tech people get back to work.
I am having this issue as well, works fine in chrome 85
I don’t think it is a Yahoo issue. all other browsers seem to work OK. IE, Edge, Chrome. Even Brave on my mobile shows the images - just on my PC, it stopped about a week ago.
For the past 4 days Ive had this problem. NO images showing in my Yahoo mail, but they were in all my other browsers. So I did as Flamehold mentioned above (one at a time) and then checked my email. After I shut off the brave shields for Yahoo mail the images are back again. I really dont remember turning them on OR off before, or messing with shields before. I wonder why all of a sudden the images stopped showing? Strange.
Disabling Brave Shields for the yahoo mail page worked for me as well (click the lion’s head to the right of the address bar). A further test revealed that leaving the Brave Shields on but disabling the “tracker and ad blockers” for the yahoo mail page also allows pictures to load.
I really hope Brave sorts this out quickly because having to disable tracker & ad blocking defeats the whole purpose of using Brave in the first place.
Fix incoming, in the next 24-48hrs it should be fixed in Brave.
Well, that was the shortest 24-48 hours I ever saw. I just got online and the pictures are now back.
And a thank you indeed. My first time reaching out to the community for help - wasn’t sure how it was going to go. Great work.
Thanks for the rapid response! All is working fine now.