Yahoo Finance Ads

Description of the issue: Ads displaying at Yahoo Finance. Strange cycle of events.

1. Ad on Yahoo Finance. Circled ad in first picture below displays when load page.
  2. Had to keep clicking “Allow scripts once” multiple times to get site functionality (e.g. clicking linked content) and, each time I clicked, more ads were displayed on page and in video content (can video ads even be blocked?).
  3. Closed site and cleared Yahoo Finance from brave://settings/content/all, brave://settings/content/javascript, and disabled brave://settings/content/autoplay.
  4. Reloaded Yahoo Finance and only first image below displayed. Also, could access linked content without having to click “Allow scripts once” and additional ads were not added.

Exact URL of the website in question:

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave

**Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)**Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.36.119 Chromium: 99.0.4844.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

A few things, most of those (maybe except the lastpass ad) are 1st-party, self promos which Easylist allows. I would enable Aggressive mode in shields also, and also Enable Fanboy Annoyances. I’ve added a couple of finance.yahoo selfpromo filters there.

Give it 24/48hrs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.