Description of the issue:
Windows 10. New laptop and fresh Brave install with no file sync between computers. Every time I enter the Zoom “Meeting ID” prompt info, a window opens, to “Save” a .exe file, to my download folder. This is before the Zoom “Password” prompt. McAfee LiveSafe support said it is a browser issue. McAfee was out of date when the issue started, though. A search for the .exe file led to a .tmp file in the same directory.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Open Brave.
- Link Zoom.us.
- Login to Zoom.
- Join Meeting.
- Enter Zoom “Meeting ID” prompt info.
- Click “Cancel” save .exe file.
- Enter Zoom “Password” prompt info.
- Zoom meeting starts.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
- No window for “Save” .exe file.
Reproduces how often:
- Almost every time I log in to Zoom “Meeting ID”.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
- Windows 10
- Brave V1.20.110 (Feb 24, 2021)
- Avast Antivirus Free
- McAfee LiveSafe subscription