Asking To Keep Or Discard Downloads

Description of the issue:
When I download an application in brave beta. The browser makes me acknowledge every single download ending with .exe I can’t find a way to get brave to stop blocking my downloads in settings.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install brave beta on a fresh win 10 pc.
  2. Download drivers or (seemingly) any .exe file.
  3. Wait for file to finish downloading only to be blocked behind the keep for discard wall within brave.

Expected result:
I appreciate the thought about warning me what .exe file can do. However, when I download a program its very inconvenient to have to micromanage every download by popping backing forth between File Explorer and Brave. Warn me, then let me decided how much risk i’m willing to take on by turning it off. If you think about it, it’s a little redundant when you consider Windows User Account Controls (UAC). But Microsoft lets me turn those reminders off.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.12.91 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I just reinstalled windows 10 pro and switched from Brave Browse to Brave Beta. Also, it seems that if the program is located in a zip file there is no problem. I downloaded the zip for Equalizer APO with no problem.

@Thromen,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have not been able to reproduce this issue on my end, but I’ve reached out to some team members for insight on what may be happening. Thank you for your patience and I hope to have more information as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thanks Mattches! I’m on Windows version 2004, OS build 19041.338. Maybe that is helpful.

@Thromen,
It looks like the team does know about this and has a fix in the oven for it – hopefully we’ll have this rolled out asap:

We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2 Likes

Thanks so much for looking into it!

1 Like