Why is Brave only exporting a few of my bookmarks instead of all of them?

I am trying to export my bookmarks, which there are quite a few hundred of, but whenever I export and open the html file: Brave only exported the first handful of bookmarks instead of all of them. Back when I used Chrome, Chrome was able to export thousands of bookmarks in a single html file. Now since this is the first time I’m exporting bookmarks from Brave, it’s not meeting up to the same standard, and I’m not sure how to fix it. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have the same issue on my Mac so not exclusive to Windows.

Think I’ve found the answer myself. Seems Brave only exports Bookmarks that have a name. I had deleted nearly all the names on my Bookmark Bar, leaving only the icons (takes much less space and I know what the icons mean)

So I was finally able to get it to work, though originally all of my bookmarks had names, so them not having names wasn’t the reason they weren’t exporting for me. I don’t know if this is really correlated, but I closed out of a lot of tabs before trying to export the bookmarks again, and only after I did that did all of the bookmarks finally export into one html file.

@dmmjl,
This should work without having to close tabs or take any special actions. I’m wondering if you have any extensions installed in the browser? Sometimes they can cause conflicts with browser functions and often in ways you wouldn’t expect.

Nope, I haven’t installed any extensions on my browser.

I feel that we’ve already fixed an issue where bookmarks without titles wouldn’t import but I’m not seeing it on Github. Let me reach out to some team members and see if I can get the status on that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.