Why am I no longer receiving rewards for viewing adds?

I’ve been using Brave Browser now for about 60-90 days as adds notifications notify of an add, I would click view add and moments later I would see my add counter go up and I would be reward 0.05 BAT. As of yesterday it seems like I am no longer getting credit for viewing adds.

Is there a limit as to how much BAT you can collect by viewing adds, or perhaps a threshold as to how much you can earn in any given time frame?

How do I get this resolved? Or if there are limits then I should not get the notification to view an add if I am unable to receive the award. That’s is the point, right? I opt in to view adds in lieu of a reward paid in BAT. If Brave is suggesting adds to view and after viewing it not rewarding me for my time to view. This goes against what Brave stands for and now is violating my privacy. I’m allowing adds to get compensated in BAT, if I am unable to get compensated because I reach some limit of some sort then Brave Browser should not be sending me notifications.

Can someone from the Brave staff shed some light on this issue?

5 Likes

@Asad for assistance here.

Hi there. Brave Ads rewards are calculated on ad views, not clicks! There is also often a short delay for your Ads rewards to be credited to your account. This is why it is an “estimated” balance. It is normal for this number to fluctuate.

There’s no limit on the amount of BAT you earn via Ads – you ARE getting rewarded for each one.

4 Likes

Couple things I’ve noticed Brave lately:
I actually have been clicking on (and subsequently viewing) the ads that drop down from time-to-time and these ads don’t actually seem to accumulate any Brave rewards. I was rewarded one time and then after clicking, viewing, and checking Brave rewards; there is no reward. I’ve probably clicked (and viewed) about 20 different ads without being compensated through Brave rewards.

I’ve also heard horror stories about Uphold verification process so I won’t be registering with them.

I’ve also had the Browser crash/timeout during updates recently, so it would appear that Brave obviously has a ways to go to make their browser competitive.

One final thing, after turning rewards on my phone/tablet, there is no toggle for turning them off. It somehow disappears. So basically, Brave is trying to get me to look at ads that I can no longer turn off, get compensated for, and with a browser that periodically chokes out during updates.

I’m done here and will never use Brave again. The Brave browser has been deleted and I do not recommend to anyone.

I also do not receive any BAT even after I clicked and viewed ads. I already viewed ads twice, going through the site and whatever I can click, making sure I stay quite some time but still no BAT.

Only just switched to Brave a week ago give or take had several adverts pop up, clicked on them, had a scroll through the page etc.
Zilch BATs am I wasting my time having the rewards enabled? or am I missing something?

You can Turn off the ads Toggle in the Brave Rewards Settings.

1 Like

I have never received rewards for viewing ads on my computer.
I have been using brave for a while and estimated pending rewards is still at 0 BAT
is this a bug or is this how it usually works?

When I initially installed Brave, I accumulated around 1 BAT very quickly. Since then I never got any reward even though I am clicking the ads regularly… Bug?!

I have had brave for around three weeks, i have earned 0.8 bat, and i have only gotten 16 ads this month. Earning bats takes a long time (for me atleast, and i use my pc several hours everyday). Now it has been around three days since i earned a little bit of bat. I really hope they fix this.

When ads came out in my region I activated them and got ads several times per hour. After a period this stopped and I now no longer receive any ads, although the settings are activated. My current version is 1.4.96 on Windows.

I think maximum ad you see per day is 20 or 21. Although I only get about 10, a few times 11, per day. After than, time you’ll get ads will refresh after 24 hours based on when you got your first ad in the day. Well, that’s what I’ve been experiencing so far.

I just found the solution myself. Apparently the add-on Decentraleyes was preventing adds from showing.

I am a a novice here myself, I encourage you to find as much time as you can getting familiar with Brave’s settings & better, the community.
It’s time well invested. It took me a bit of time to feel comfortable here.
After a month or so I have come to love this browser.
My 2010 imac was driving me crazy and I was ready to trash it and cancel my internet provider.
Now only use Brave, my imac runs cooler, internet is faster,
I don’t use AD Blockers. As they have transitioned to act more like malware, a growing privacy risk. Ad blockers change rapidly.

I found some great links today, I am impressed with Brendan Eich’s short video at:
https://basicattentiontoken.org/
INTRODUCING BLOCKCHAIN-BASED DIGITAL ADVERTISING
Want more back ground information?
https://www.howtogeek.com/449046/what-is-the-brave-browser-and-how-does-it-compare-to-chrome/

Essentially, Brave wants to re-imagine how the Internet works: not just on a usability level, but on an economic level. It’s an undeniably radical vision, but you wouldn’t expect any less, given its founding team.

Brendan Eich is the inventor of the JavaScript programming language and co-founded the Mozilla Foundation, which created the popular Firefox web browser.
I hope this helps

Well, we are back to the beginning. Again since a couple of weeks no ads on my Desktop. I removed all extensions accept “I don’t care about cookies” which is really indispensable.
And also on my mobile phone I am no longer getting ads, the browser is not in private mode.

Ads are activated and have been deactivated and reactivated and set to 5 per hour. I have upgrade to the latest version, uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop version. I don’t dare reinstalling my mobile version not to lose my BAT.

And just now, I’ve got an ad on my desktop. The mobile issues still stands.

exactly the same error, always when I try to receive my rewards and the system ask to drag the brave symbol on square, circle, triangle…it fails. Do I am loosing my rewards due to this ???

I have been having the same issue again of not receiving ads. To test I now again deleted all extensions including the previously mentioned “I don’t care about cookies” and ads showed up again.
This is very inconvenient, since I now have to choose between clicking accept cookies on every site I visit again and receive BAT or not doing that and equally not receiving BAT.

Please make BAT rewards work with extensions in Brave.

Mobile issue also still stands, no rewards received for several weeks (5 this month since July 6th, setting is 5 ads per hour) with no apparent reason.

Desktop version on Windows 10:
Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mobile version on iOS:
Version 1.18.1 (20.07.06.15)

Update on my issues:

Desktop version:
Version 1.11.101 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
After removing all add-ons I received 6 ads, then it went dark again. Since it doesn’t seem to matter, and I’m getting crazy for clicking “I accept cookies”, I reinstalled “I don’t care about cookies”

Mobile version:
Version 1.18.1 (20.07.06.15)
This miraculously sprung into action, and now I have received 37 ads since my last post. Absolutely no logical explanation.

Hi.

I am missing my Brave ad payments. I can’t seem to find it on my account. I have sent 3 e-mails to Brave support but no one is getting back to me.

Would you kindly check this for me?