Where does Brave store its data files?

Where are the user data files stored? Not under /users. Not under /program files (x86)/bravesoftware.

Hi @rui,
For browser data, you can find it under:

• macOS: /Users/[You]/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/

• Windows: AppData/Local/ OR AppData/Roaming/

• Linux: /.config/BraveSoftware/

Where is appdata folder?

Click Start and type %appdata% into the search – the folder should come up in results.

1 Like

So when you look under your user name, AppData folder is hidden. When you do the %appdata% search, the folder appears. What genius had that idea? Thanks for your help.
Which is it: Local or Roaming?

@rui,
I believe both directories are used – can I ask what you’re trying to access them for?

Still trying to access my bookmarks.

So got them. To recap/for you to help others:
I was using Dev. Suddenly it stopped appearing (it would load; but stay minimized; I’d click maximize and nothing; I reinstalled and the same thing.)
So I installed Brave but didn’t have my bookmarks. File manager doesn’t show/hides the AppData folder. But %appdata% search reveals it.
The “Bookmarks” file is in: AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser-Dev/User Data/Default/
You can simply copy from there and past it in:
AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/User Data/Default/
and you have your bookmarks from Dev transferred over to Brave.

@rui,
IIRC you were using Brave Dev last and it is crashing which prevents you from manual bookmark export.

Do you have another Brave installation on your machine? If so, I’d like to suggest an alternative method which should be much easier.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.