I’m really confused. I just restored my computer and installed brave latest version
I copied the entire appdata folder before the wipe and went back to my new appdata folder to copy over brave files and I am really confused because:
- I didn’t see a current brave folder under …appdata/roaming
- When I copied over the brave folder I had backed up and then performed a ‘restore from old version’, all I got was my bookmarks from a very long time ago, not my bookmarks and passwords before the wipe. I’m assuming this was the brave data from a folder when it was still based on firefox’s engine.
so what is going on? Where does Brave store these settings now? or did I make some sort of mistake?
steps to reproduce
- requires a pre-installed brave browser version. I’m not sure which version was mine. I had the old firefox-based version but had installed the chromium version since the beginning of the year. Windows 8.1
- go to c:\users*user*\AppData\roaming\brave and copy folder to a secure location
- reinstall windows OS. or at least uninstall Brave and all associated files.
- reinstall brave
- copy brave folder back to original location
- go to brave>menu>import bookmarks and settings>brave(old)
7… accept your doom
Brave Version( check
(Version 0.68.138 Chromium: 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit))