Web site wont load until "shields are down"

Description of the issue:
[ https://i.thechive.com/dopamine-dump ] wouldn’t load until I took shields down.
But here’s the thing - once it loaded - I put back up the shields and it stayed working.

I then thought, maybe a private window would reproduce it - so I did that - and it worked.
So now I can’t make it NOT work - so I can’t reproduce, but I’ve seen it twice.

First time => about 2 weeks ago-ish same thing, that link didnt load, I just closed it and moved on.

Second time => Today

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Go to web site => https://i.thechive.com/dopamine-dump
    If it doenst reproduce, I dont know - but I do know, “shields down” immediately and refresh fixed it

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

• Brave version: Version 1.2.42 Chromium: 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • I know this might be a bit behind
  • this does not happen on the very latest Chrome 79.0.3945.117 (64-bit)
  • this does not happen on the very latest Firefox 72.0.1 (64-bit)

** Additional Info
thechive.com is very very well known for really spending some time and effort to defeat add blockers - a lot of effort. In chrome videos wont at all load without turning up a few blockers I have up. So in that regard testing Braze AGAINST them is maybe fairly decent time spent.

I AM happy to say videos work with them in Braze, which made me very happy when I started using it - but I’m sure there are other things.

Hi @cswanson,

This is an interesting issue. I’ve tired myself and the site works. If you continue to experience issues, please let us know. But for the time being, be sure to keep Brave up to date!

1 Like

Yeah, I could replicate it (causing the occasional blank page). Have implemented a fix to get around this (update will be seen in the next 24-48hrs)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.