Web Contents Dark background problem

Hello guys, sorry for bothering, but is there any way you can fix the black-amoled background on pages? Or is it depended on chromium engine etc.? I have no idea of programming so i don’t know… Anyway it seems a bit off in many pages in comparison to the work the Samsung browser has done… I love your browser and its my default one, but it needs a bit more work in this aspect… I’ll send some screenshots to give you an example, but in some other pages ( that i can’t remember right now… ) it is way more off etc… Also some pictures many times, appear negative…
Anyway thanks in advance and i hope you’ll be able to fix this

** My Operating System is android version 9 on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Brave Version 1.2.0 **

2 Likes

Goodnight friend! This topic is already addressed in other open discussions in this forum.

Likewise, I comment that in my particular case I have the same problem. What I was investigating is a Chrome engine problem.

In the case of Samsung internet browser or kiwi browser for example, they are night modes designed by the browsers themselves.

I hope Google will soon improve this aspect so we can see it well reflected in Brave.

2 Likes

Goodnight my friend, oh sorry i didn’t know this…
I was just instructed by the support team on Twitter to post this issue here or Reddit… So i did it…
Anyways, so probably brave browser must put specifically an option like the " high contrast " option in Samsung browser (different from dark mode there) or Google to update the web contents flag, for this to work?
Because as you probably saw too, it’s a bit problematic, for example make some pictures appear negative or super’impose’ some areas…
I hope this will be fixed soon, because it’s a great feature that saves your battery in amoled phones and protects your eyes too!!!

2 Likes

It is accurate, it is. In addition, the dark mode is aesthetic to my liking!

I’ve been following this topic for some time here as well as the problem of push notifications! For now without luck.

If you get information or suggestions relevant to this problem, I would appreciate it.

Finally, a separate theme for Samsung’s high contrast mode on the Internet, it’s amazing! Beautiful!

1 Like

@eljuno any news my friend? Is this problem in your to do list guys?

1 Like

@theodoreippon Brave has a default darkmode now

1 Like

I understand that the default night mode affects only the system ui.

To have the dark mode on the web pages you must continue activating the corresponding flag which causes the same desire. Bone photos are usually burned.

1 Like

I think you didn’t understand my friend…

1 Like

@sampson i don’t want to be annoying and i know you guys have other more important issues to look at, but i would appreciate any feedback on this… Just to let us know!!!

1 Like

Apologize for late response @theodoreippon.

Brave is not “officially” support this option. It’s inherited from Chromium – so similar issue is also happens on Chrome (tested on my end).

I’m not sure if the team will fix this issue or wait until the fix is done from Chromium team. I’ll search if there’s an open issue about this.

2 Likes

No worries my friend…
Thank you very much for your reply!!!
Ok i see… So it’s a chromium problem :confused:
But i was wondering how does the Samsung Internet browser makes the ‘high contrast’ feature perform so good? I think it’s based on chromium too… If you see the screenshots or you could test it on your phone, you’ll see that most of the websites perform excellent with the high contrast setting on under the settings (i think it’s not the dark mode, which only makes a bit darker the menus etc.) and it doesn’t ‘burn’ the images from sites like Instagram etc…
Anyways thanks again for your reply, and i hope a fix is on the way (either from the brave team or the chromium) because it’s a great feature in my opinion and i think it’s important for many people too…

1 Like

Just reinstalled Samsung Internet to test it on my end. It’s “different” because SIB is implement it on their own. Their own code (I believe) with their own setting.

While on Brave you need to enable “Android web contents dark mode” via chrome://flags – so it’s depends on the implementation on Chromium. Also please note, that any options under Flags is experimental.

2 Likes

Thank you my friend for testing it…
So can’t Brave implement a feature like this on their own? And not depend on the chromium setting-flag?
It would be a great feature and much appreciated if brave could do something like this…
Anyway, thanks for any help my friend!!!

1 Like

the chromium is just basically inverting the sites colour. I don’t think there is a total dark mode fix. Such can work on OS level but remember app developers have to create the dark mode scheme. if non is available the dark mode can’t work. As a developer creating an entire colour scheme can be a big hassle. Soo don’t conflict app from web. Web is more free app is restricted and OS takes preference.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.