I’ve update Brave from 1.34.81 to 1.35.100 and hardware acceleration (vaapi) no longer works.
Go to any supported Youtube video, go to More tools > Developer tools > media > Players and see that hardware video decoding is not available. Likewise intel_gpu_top shows 0 % for video.
I’ve temporary downgraded and checked that with 1.34 hardware acceleration works fine
I started brave-browse with the command (which I put in a wrapper script)
Driver in use iHD_drv_video.so
/usr/bin/brave-browser-stable --use-gl=desktop --enable-feature=VaapiVideoDecoder
OS is Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS Intel Iris Xe graphics