Version 1.20.103 Mac OS Icon

Intensely dislike the new rounded corner white square icon. Chrome did that a few weeks ago, so I suppose I knew it was coming but I’ve gone and replaced the Chrome icon in the finder… now I’m going to have to find an old Brave icon and replace it in the finder as well.

Icons should not have white rounded corner square backgrounds. It clashes with the OS dark theme, and is not the design aesthetic of the MacOS

2 Likes

Looks very similar to the white background on the Safari browser.

fully agree. the new icon is extra ugly. there’s no need to follow Apple’s every arbitrary whim of the day.

the original Brave icon is a masterpiece. i hope it will be restored.

1 Like

I understand your point. However:

-Who cares how Safari looks like. I never use it as to me personally the UX is horrible.
-Safari icon’s background is not white. Safari’s icon was actually clearly carefully crafted to fit the new form. It did remain a decent icon.
-…which is not the case with the new Brave icon. It was just scaled down - then dumped on this pure white squarish thingy. It now looks like an ugly mistake.

Brave’s original icon is a masterpiece. I hope they bring it back!

Thanks,
Leo

in addition to my post, here’s a much better alternative if Brave developers just have to use this squarish shape while retaining a powerful impressive icon:

brave-icon

We had an open issue for this that was closed as we made the decision to follow Apples developer guidelines:

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes and I will pass the feedback along to the team regardless.