(update: solved?) Browser crashed and all data disappeared

Description of the issue:
I’ve been using brave for a couple of months now. Initially I couldn’t get it to work (black window) but thanks to the solution in one of the posts I had managed to solv it.

Today from nothing Brave did’t open.
I restarted my Laptop and it worked but instead of the normal main window it asked me if logging in as a guest or a new person. No option to use my account. Had to chose an icon connected to my name (which I had never seen before) and then the Introduction tutorial started.
Now I’ve lost rewards (i did not have a lot do it’s not a big issue) and my whole browser history! It’s luckily not the worse thing in the world but I’m wondering if I’m missing a piece of information. Is there a way to get it back?

Here’s the icon over the Brave logo. Before today there was only the logo, and no, I wasn’t logged in as a guest for the whole time.
a

Thanks in advance
Nao

UPDATE: fumbling a little more with the options, I found the “other profiles” part. And my old profile was there again. Deleted the new empty one, but now I don’t have the small logo anymore. Browsing history back, rewards no, but it’s fine ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like