Uninstalling the app from android cell phone downloaded thru the google play store

Description of the issue: i downloaded the brave browser app thru the google Play store, but want to delete it from the phone i put it on, and cannot find a way to do so. The app does not show in my list of apps in my settings under apps, i cannot access the option to open or uninstall the app thru the play store when i search for the app again, as it only offers an option to update it. I clicked update, and it says installed yet only offers the option to update the app again once it finishes.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

That picture is the screen showing to update the app again after i already had. I attempted to upload the pictures of my apps list but i had one more than was allowed for a new user post.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Either the app does not show in my list of apps, or only offers the option to remove the app from my home screen or update the app in google play
Expected result: i had hoped to uninstall the app as i would any other app on my device, but none of the 5 or 6 different ways i know of to uninstall an app has worked. Expected result would be a simple way to uninstall the app, as any other app I’ve needed to uninstall offers.

Reproduces how often: every time i have attempted to uninstall the app, no matter which way i try to do so.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): most recent version of brave, and android 11.

Additional Information:

I have attempted to long press the app on the home screen to see if a menu pops up, however, all i can do is click the option to view the info on the app (which does not offer any options for uninstalling it when i open it), also tried long pressing the icon in both areas and dragging it up, but the only option i have is to remove it from the home screen, and no option from my list of apps when i swipe upward to show the apps on my phone. I had even tried live chat with google one to see if they could help me, but they could not help me figure out how to uninstall the app, either.

I apologize. That picture was not what i thought it was. Here is the correct picture showing my options for the app in google play. I took that

Immediately after already clicking update,but only offered the same option of updating the app once it finished.

There should be a couple of ways to uninstall it.

On my phone, it’s possible to go to either a home screen icon or the app menu icon and push on it. Hold it down long enough, and a menu pops up. One of the options is uninstall program.

Another option is to go into your settings menu and under Applications. You should be able to find Brave there. Click on it and when the screen opens up for Brave, you should be able to uninstall the app there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.