Unable to send funds out of brave wallet

Yes. I believe I used the wrong seed and don’t have the other one so the funds are lost for good. You live and learn I suppose.

https://etherscan.io/address/0xf18602fA1D92ba5101ebA347f4C07ceb3fFfA884 still has 1.7 ETH. If you still have the seed/private-key, you should be able to import it into Brave Wallet and recover control of those funds.

That’ bad. Did you try importing using 24 words legacy seed phrase check box? May be you have the right seed but didn’t check the box while importing as that will give you different address as well.

2 Likes

I didn’t see that! Thanks so much I thought I had lost the funds for good.

So you got it back, right?

Yes I did. Thanks a bunch. I thought something was fishy cus that was my only seed. Didn’t know one seed could generate multiple addresses.

Different derivation paths can be used to generate account address from seed phrase. Initially Brave used a derivation path that was not standard/widely adopted. So old users have that have a 24 words legacy seed, can derive same address only in Brave Wallet (with the legacy check box).

But now it you create new wallet/address (instead of restoring) in Brave, it will have 12 words seed phrase and will be compatible will other wallets like Metamask. It is advisable that you move your funds to a wallet that has 12 words seed phrase and move out of your current address all together.

3 Likes

I see. Thanks for the advise!

I didn’t try to send any funds yet but I think it would be as easy as hitting up the wallet page, copy / paste address and clicking Send.

• brave://wallet/crypto/portfolio

If you connected your account to Gemini spot account https://exchange.gemini.com/balances, I believe you have to do everything from that interface because the crypto automagically gets sucked into that wallet. The Brave wallet is your self custodial wallet.

p.s. - Brave wallet is default on Eth blockchain, which imo, is absolute trash and I never advise trading on that chain, AVAX and BSC are far superior in every aspect.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.