This address cannot be verified (missing checksum). Proceed?

NOTICE: Please only post Brave Wallet/Crypto wallet inquiries in this category – please go here for Brave Rewards support

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
Trying to send Eth from Brave Wallet to Coinbase wallet. Getting this error: This address cannot be verified (missing checksum). Proceed? I did continue and sent anyway but transactions were rejected. The address is copied directly from my Coinbase wallet.

Just under 1 Eth in my Brave Wallet.

I have cleared cache, history, and restarted the browser. All have not worked.

Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?

How can this issue be reproduced?

Brave Version (check About Brave):

Version 1.45.127 Chromium: 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:

@Bump on this.

Can anyone help? I did try and search it and some had the same issue but I couldn’t find a solution other than update the browser. I have already done this & this has not worked.

Hello,

I was not able to replicate this issue when sending to the Coinbase exchange or Coinbase Wallet.

What version of Brave are you currently using?

This error can relate to improper copy/pasting of the address. What error are you receiving after confirming the transaction?

Thank you!

Hi Evan, thanks for the reply. It’s the latest version. I updated it just yesterday. I just copy and paste from Coinbase extension on Brave to Brave Wallet.

Very frustrating!

What is the full error message you see?

Thanks!

This address cannot be verified (missing checksum). Proceed?

Can you visit https://etherscan.io/ and paste your Coinbase wallet address there and click Enter?

Then, copy it from your Etherscan address page and paste it into your Brave send address.

Let me know if you still see the error. Thanks!

Hi @theonlyjameson!

Can you please share more about the transaction you’re trying to do? Normally, after your transaction, you’d see a screen like this in the panel:

If you hover over the info icon beside “Error”, you should be able to see what went wrong with your transaction. Please take a screenshot of this and share it here so we can investigate further.

1 Like

This worked a treat! Thanks

Not a problem! Here’s some additional information how Checksum works, just for your reference.

Thanks again for your support!

Evan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.