To confirm, it is just this one video that is not playing, correct?
Sir, actually the videos before I was watching in this course were playing perfectly.
But the videos after them were having some issues.
Is there something regarding a video codec or else?
I know you said that you cleared your browsing history, but have you cleared your browser cache? If you haven’t, try that and see if it works.
Yes, Sir I have tried that too.
Well, just in case, can you try this in a new or guest profile on Brave to see if it works there?
Ok, let me do it and I will reply soon.
It’s still the same case. I also tried with shields off.
Yes Sir, I tried opening it in a new or guest profile, but it’s still the same case.
Well, it’s getting to the point where I’m not sure what to suggest aside from the two big ones.
If you don’t mind losing your BAT or have a verified wallet, you could do a complete wipe of Brave from your computer, then reinstall it.
Either that, or just redownload the installer from brave.com (do not uninstall the application), and then rerun the installer to see if that fixes it. I’d recommend doing that first before.
I would actually suggest downloading the Brave Beta build instead and see if it gives you the same results. Note that the Beta version will download/install/run without interfering with the stable install.
By “it does not work” or “it still does not work” . . . you actually mean, from your original description:
“it plays for around 5 seconds and then it freezes”
That is important to state precisely, here. Because the playing does work - AT FIRST - but then it fails somehow, by your description.
With some extra sleuthing, you may figure out the problem.
When you view the Brave Browser Developer Tools, look for the vertical 3 dots - near the right end of your window screenshot that you provided:
Click on the vertical 3 dots
You will get a pop-up window showing how the Console window may be displayed on your computer — Dockside or as a separate browser window.
You might have to fiddle with those buttons, but you will figure it out. Choose the separate browser window, so you can fully display the Developer Tool: Network . . . when Brave Browser is specifically connected to the troublesome URL that you mention in your Description.
A similar Developer Tools > Network display can be produced via Mozilla Firefox (I used it, prior to Brave), and presumeably Chrome (that I have never used).
You’ll need that display, too . . . when that other browser is specifically connected to the troublesome URL that you mention in your Description.
When you are so prepared, try to compare and contrast the two different browser’s Network results that you see.
That will take you a lot of careful study, because, even when - let us say - both browsers were fully playing the Udemy video as you wish . . . you may still find differences in what each of the browsers has successfullly downloaded -or- was blocked somehow.
Yet, I suspect that you will get the hang of how to compare the performance of the two browsers.
You are looking for, “Hey! This source / server / URL works in Firefox (or in Chrome) but not in Brave Browser. I wonder why?”
If you find a few such instances, then you might be able to track down the specific reason why the failing source / server / URL connection occurs, and when.
PS. If you get around to un-installing Brave, see what “breinersj” did:
“completely uninstalled/reinstalled Brave (which didn’t work) and then uninstalling Brave, removing all directories with any Brave information, then reinstalling”
And, try CCleaner by Piriform
in addition to watching what the computer’s networking is doing, via NetLimiter 4:
With which, you may spot something being blocked.
Sir, I have re-installed Brave before posting this post and also made a new profile to make sure it works, but it didn’t.
But after re-installing Widevine, the video is been played perfectly.
Thanks a lot!!!
Sir, after searching a lot what caused it to happen was that in flags one of my experimental features was enabled and after disabling it, my video got played.
Good news; and thanks for pursuing a fix.
An added note, not directly related to what went wrong - re your concern / issue - but something to remember (“just in case”) - re Protected Content.
A setting for that, somewhat deep inside the maze of Brave Browser Settings:
Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy and security > Site and Shield Settings > Content > Additional Content Settings > Protected content
Same as (and found more easily by using):
The setting is:
“Allow sites to play protected content (recommended)”
I leave it enabled.