Two years later, do we have a native translate yet?

2 years ago someone asked about a native translator in brave. Has anything happened with this yet? It is discouraging that Brave as good as it is falls short on a number of important areas such as this. If we want to use brave and go to a foreign site, yes we are forced to install an extension as the poster commented. It was completely unprofessional and uncaring to see a Brave support person answer in the manner in which they did. “you are not forced to do anything!” Are they not firing on all cylinders? I am hopeful that improvements will be forthcoming with brave. It has great potential over other browsers if fleshed out.

Original question by another user with an awful response by brave.

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a community member too and have been using Brave Browser a little over 4 months. I see the native translator issue pop up now and then in community topics. I posted two links to closed Brave GitHub issue reports below in case you haven’t seen them. I also posted an image of the comment within each issue that I think is relevant to why this is ongoing.

GitHub Issue Report: In page translation for content#208

Relevant Comment: bsclifton Comment Issue #208

GitHub Issue Report: Integrated Translation #16030

Relevant Comment: bsclifton comment issue #16030

Each of the issues do discuss options/alternatives and have other related information you may be interested in if you haven’t seen them before. Hope it helps!

Below is a current Brave GitHub issue report that is open. It is backlogged with no movement although there are two comments posted about 2 weeks ago by users. I imagine the issues addressed in the above topics still exist.

Add native web page translator #10302

1 Like

Those answers are better and answer the question directly, thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.