Time formatting on the new tab clock

I’ve seen quite a few requests (going back several years) for a user-defined time format on the new tab page:

I’d also like to add my voice to the ones here, and add that my time format is often not even correct - My new tab clock currently shows 08:29, though the current time is 20:29 or 8:29 PM. I’m also in the UK if the region is still relevant.
I get that this isn’t exactly a major issue, but it would be a nice qol feature to have a functioning clock.

6 Likes

I find programs not following my regional/formatting settings extremely annoying and somewhat insulting. At the very least, something as visible as new tab clock should follow my system settings or allow me to toggle between a 12 or 24 hour clock. Since I’m a software developer myself, I know this is a trivial feature to implement, so please, make this happen and you’ll definitely make quite a few of us happy. Thanks.

3 Likes

I have Brave on two computers and one is a 12 hour clock and the other is 24 hour. The difference is one has a new spell check language added. In my case it is English(Australian) which I moved to the top of the list and I told Brave to display in that language. It needed a restart and the time changed to 24 hours. I haven’t tried other languages such as English(UK). If that doesn’t work, maybe you could put up with Australian; the display seems virtually identical without any obvious changes.

1 Like

Finally! Changing the display language to English (UK) has given me the 24hr clock as well. It’s weird how such a minor feature is very well hidden away.

2 Likes

I don’t think you should have to select English UK to have the clock on the home page set to 24 hour mode. I want to keep the Browser in English US.

Can we get an option for the clock format in the settings? Either have a checkbox to follow OS’s chosen format or give us a timestamp formatting input box.

1 Like

I would also like to see 24 h time on the new tab page. I use 24 h time on both Windows and Android.

2 Likes

Yes, please. Seeing 01:00 is such a weird thing to see at the middle of the day for people is some regions.

The clock format settings would be a nice feature. In the meantime, it still looks like selecting your primary language as from a region that predominantly uses 24hr time works (like English UK or English Australia) at least in Brave 0.73.26 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit) on macOS Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95). Here’s a shortcut to the settings area:
brave://settings/languages

If that’s not clickable, just copy and paste it into your address bar like any URL.

Now that there’s a dropdown next to items in the new tab page, can we get an option to change to 24H format there?

(Currently only remove is an option)

Just started using Brave today and I’m looking for this feature. Will uninstall if its not available.