The Brave Community website it totally unresponsive, frozen

Description of the issue:
When I load the Brave Community website in the Brave browser it is totally unresponsive to my mouse. The community website works perfectly in my MS Edge browser which I am using to post this.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
1- Open the Brave Community website
2- Frozen every time

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
I should be able to click on posts and links and open them. Nothing at all works. It is dead.

Reproduces how often:
Every time I am on the community website.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Pro - 22H2

Additional Information:

I have tried clearing cookies and resetting site permissions. Nothing has worked. Brave is my primary browser. I hate having to post from MS Edge on the Brave Community site.

Hello @SJMaye

try in private window and see if it work fine or not

if it work fine then either issue with cache/cookies or one of the extensions you have

so try to disable all extensions and try again in normal window if it work fine renable them one by one till you get the one causing the issue

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. I immediately deleted the cache and cookies. It signed me out and now I could click on links. However, once I signed in again it was back to nonresponsive. I then moved to the extensions. One caught my eye. It was an emoji extension that had given me a problem in the past. Once I turned it off everything was fine.

Seems odd that an emoji extension could do that, but it did.

1 Like

you welcome and glad to know that you figured it out

extension cause issue if there some core update to the chrome part and the extension did not get update to match the engine version sometime stuff get deprecated or removed

so always try to use active extension and always keep extension to the min

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.