The 0.57.18 update -- I hate it :(

Well this morning I found a BraveUpdate process running (looking in task manager to find out why my computer is slow). I’m not running Brave, and I had deleted the new version, so I panicked and just deleted everything and went back to firefox. But firefox TOTALLY sucks with all the ads back. :’(

Is it possible to download the old version of Brave and just start over?

The customer may not always be right, but the customer is always the customer. If someone working for me made a snarky comment to a customer, I would (and have) fired them on the spot.

You can download any/all Brave releases available from our Github. If you’d like to return to he previous version of Muon (before the update that offered to upgrade to core), use this link:

Thank you Mattches, you’re the best!

2 Likes

I did that this morning, and it’s up and running fine. Somewhat ominously, it has all my history, saved passwords, etc. hooked up already :open_mouth:

Request to everyone to maintain their calm when responding to threads. It is ok to be upset but there is no need to take personal jabs at anyone to take out frustration.

Any and all constructive criticism is very welcome but taking frustration on someone isn’t.

This is a public forum where everyone is entitled to have an opinion of their own and provide feedback. Being rude when responding wont get anything.

4 Likes

Sriram,

Matthew was extremely rude to a poster who said that he/she was going back to Firefox. I’ve owned my own printing business, and had Matthew worked for me and responded to a customer the way he did, he would have been terminated. Customers are the lifeblood of any business, hard to get and easy to lose. I wasn’t taking a personal jab at him, but rather stating a fact, and trying to teach him that the customer may not always be right but the customer is always the customer.

I’m 75 years old and retired. I have no ax to grind. I want to get the Brave browser working like it was before the upgrade. The upgrade, for me at least, was a fiasco. Perhaps a better approach would have been for Matthew to simply state that things didn’t go as smoothly as you all had hoped, but you are working to get things fixed. An apology generally keeps customers, while a snarky comment will generally drive them away.

Good luck in getting things back to normal, and (as an old US Coast Guard officer used to say) take the time to give Matthew a bit of an “attitude adjustment”. He’s probably a good employee who just needs a bit of guidance.

Merry Christmas!

Charles J. Anniing

3 Likes

I feel you. I have been having a lot of trouble setting it up but now I think the features I liked are just gone, as in: can’t seem to find a way of opening different sets of private tabs, can’t stop the auto-fill and suggestion on the search bar based on my history, can’t seem to not save history, can’t even seem to auto clean history so it would the other problems somehow fixed, can’t stop auto-filling passwords and nicknames that I have on Lastpass (without asking)… The list goes on, it really seems like the configurations were cut in half. :confused:

Please don’t agitate for anyone to be fired, disciplined, or otherwise given a hard time by their employer*. I don’t see anything out of line with Matt’s post. I do see a problem with folks dogpiling on him for a comment which folks judge to be insufficiently-deferential.

Matt spends all day every day reading this whole forum, Reddit, Twitter, and various other ways that folks like to give Brave feedback on how we’re doing. Plenty of that feedback is anything but polite, and it’s a serious work of emotional labor to maintain an even keel and empathic attitude with that level of garbage being thrown at you. That’s before worrying about your job if the folks you’re trying to help aren’t satisfied with the tone of your reply.

This may not seem like a big deal but I am absolutely 100% ready to lock this thread and ban people. Talking about terminating someone or an “attitude adjustment” is an implicit threat. And I’m super-duper not okay with anyone threatening the folks I work with.

I don’t mean to pick on you, @cjanning@Wearyman’s comment was much the same. There is no need for any further discussion on this point, and I will consider it off-topic. If you disagree, feel free to keep it to yourself or send me a strongly-worded email enumerating your concerns.

*Unless they’re actually harassing someone, or otherwise being grossly malicious.

5 Likes

toml

Please reread my letter. I feel that it was reasonable and professional.

C. J. Anning