Brave Will Not Update

When I go to update I am referred to a chrome page: https://www.google.com/chrome/?&brand=CHWL&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-et-na-us-chrome-bubble&utm_medium=et

I downloaded a new version and it will not install… just trying to enact ads… please advise.

@Kyusho,
Are you updating from a version of Brave already installed on your machine? If so, what version is it?

From the about:

Brave is up to date

Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

@Kyusho,
That is the most up to date version so you shouldn’t have to update anymore – are you referring to something else?

1 Like

I can not see the switch to turn on Ads and I have this perpetual message:

Token Grants |You have a grant waiting for you. 12/8/2018

Even though I claimed them at that time and they are in Uphold.

How can I get the browser operating fully and correctly, please advise?

@Kyusho,
For ads, Click the Rewards icon --> Rewards Settings --> Ads

Yes I did that, but I just went to the link you provided anyway to try again and it now states that ads are not yet available in my area. I am in the USA and have no VPN on at this time.

We’ve had some difficulties with this error recently that I believe we’re working on a fix for. However, I’d like to test something if you’re willing – I’d like you to try and download our Developer build and enable Ads and see if you get the same results.

Note that downloading Dev will not overwrite your current Brave installation, nor are you required to uninstall your current Brave. They all function independently of one another so no risk involved with respect to that.

OK I will let you know how it goes, thanks.

Well that version had the ads switch as well as the more detailed controls… can I get my browser working like that?

1 Like

@Kyusho,
In the release installation (v0.63.48) – can you share a screenshot of what it looks like in the Ads section in Rewards Settings as it’s displayed on your end?

Thanks @Kyusho, this is helpful:

:leaves:
Windows7

Thanks, this is helpful:

:leaves:
Windows7

@Kyusho,
Thanks for sharing those images. I see that you’re getting the “Ads not supported in your region” error – if no VPN, are you running an AV of any kind?

Additionally, can you tell/show me what your language settings are set to currently?

Please also tell me what you mean by AV?

@Kyusho,
Apologies,
AV = Anti-Virus software. We’ve had some known conflicts with certain AV so it’s always a good thing to check.

Can you also confirm that your System local is set to US? I know that seems silly but it will cause issues if there’s a mismatch.

I do have anti virus, but in this day of security issues, it is vital to remain. It is Trend Micro Maximum Security.

Is there a way around it?

I would just suggest lowering it for a short time to see if you receive ad-notifications – but I understand your hesitance.

Can you also confirm that your System local is set to US? I know that seems silly but it will cause issues if there’s a mismatch.

:point_up:

I would not know how to begin to check the local settings, any ideas?

However the anti virus I can shut for a while… thanks.

Just checked the anti virus and shut the web filter down,it still did not appear.