Tab layout - Galaxy Z Fold 2

Description of the issue:

I’ve been trying to change the layout of the tabs and I can’t find the way to fix it. In the Z Fold 2, when the phone is folded the tab layout is Grid and when open it is in the horizontal form.

How can this issue be reproduced?

Photos attached.

Expected result:

I would like to reproduce the grid layout when the phone is open. I tried enabling from chrome://flags the option Tab Grid Layout and it didn’t work.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

1.26.74, Chromium 91.0.4472.124

Mobile Device details

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2

1 Like

This is the UI for tablet version. Most likely it’s shows the horizontal tabs bar because the screen is wider than normal phone and closer to tablet size.

I’m not sure if this is an expected behavior though. cc @Mattches

@Espasa,
Will reach out to Android team about this – I imagine this is not expected behavior, but probably makes sense given the way this type of display is determined. Will let you know when I have more information.

Thank you Mattches!! Cheers

Thank you eljuno!! I hope there’s a way to change it. Do you know if tablets can rearranged to Grid layout? Cheers

@Espasa,
So we do have an issue open for this, but it is currently being labeled as P5 – meaning that it will likely be quite a while before the issue is addressed. I do apologize for the inconvenience.:

Hi @Mattches , that’s ok. Could you please let me know when there’s any news? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.