Tab in a 'Named Window' will not display duplicate 'marking' if duplicated in another window (& vice versa)

If a tab in a Named Window is duplicated in another window, neither tab will display the marking that normally alerts the user that the same tab is open in another window.

Brave Beta, Mac OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

1 Like

Hello there @mk7z please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

Could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if the pages do not duplicate? If the issue does not repeat, try disabling your extensions, if you have, to see if this is the cause of the issue.

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

to see if the pages do not duplicate

Hi @Kevin_cc, I think my post may have been misunderstood. It’s not that the duplicate tab doesn’t appear but that the little blue marker that alerts the user that the same tab is already open in another window (or perhaps even in the same window) doesn’t appear.

The issue appears related to the use of Brave’s ‘Named Window’ feature, as I haven’t experienced it prior to starting to use that feature.

@mk7z,
Can you please fill out in the information in the template, and (ideally) provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing on your end so we have a clear picture of what’s going on?

Template information:
Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Hi @Mattches, thanks for popping in. :wink:

I may have failed to note some crucial information in the original post (and in today’s reply to @Kevin_cc), as the little blue marker at the top of the webpage is a Google Docs thing (i.e., if you have the same doc open in two tabs, both display a blue marker to let you know).

SCREENSHOT:

Moreover, having just run a test to make the little blue thing appear, I am not now seeing the issue I reported recur. That is, with the same doc opened in two different ‘named’ windows, I am seeing the blue marker in both.

So for the moment, problem solved. If it happens again, I’ll duly note all the particulars.

Thanks again for your interest.

(BTW, ‘Named Windows’ is possibly my favorite Brave feature after the privacy-related features. Very useful to me me for the way I work, especially since graphics are allowed in the names, which, aside from other benefits, eliminates the need for a separate ‘tab groups’ feature.)

3 Likes

Hello again @mk7z thanks for the clarification and for letting us know the issue was solved.

If you have any other issues or concerns, please let us know so our team can further assist you.

Regards.

1 Like

This seems to have recurred.

Specifically, I have the same GDocs document open in two tabs. The blue marker (shown above in my last post here) that serves as notification of such duplications isn’t displaying in either tab. (Normally, it displays in both.)

I don’t know whether the use of the Named Window function is a factor (or the factor) in what’s causing the issue, but it’s the only thing that’s different compared to my prior use of GDocs in Brave. I don’t recall the duplication marker ever failing then.

Thanks.
. . . . .
A few minutes later . . . I am now seeing the marker in one of the two tabs, though not in the normal location that it appears (the document title line). The marker should be displaying in both tabs (normal behavior).
. . . . .
A few minutes later . . . Marker now displaying in the second tab, though in a different location in the document than in the first tab (again, not the normal one location).

At this point the foregoing can just serve as an informational update in case the issue needs to be revisited in the future, as I’m guessing I’m the only one reporting it.
. . . . .

1 Like

@mk7z just wondering if you have caret browsing enabled on your Browser? This can be triggered by pressing F7, please turn it off and update the names your windows have to see if this solves the issue.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.