Syncing problems with setings and open tab and top sits

Hi, i recently shifted to nrave and cant find a way to sync the settings in all devices.

Using brave beta and normal brave ver 1.46.134 in Android divece and normal brave in laptop.

2 android, 1 windos laptop

Set the setings in laptop and none of them synced (know because news, privacy report, top sites, etc remaind the default). And yes i mad sure the Sync everything is turned on in all devices.

1 Like

Hello there @Veerhan are all the devices set on the same Sync chain? To make sure that you will have to start a sync chain on one of the devices to add the others.

In order to add devices to a sync chain, please do the following https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021218111-How-do-I-set-up-Sync-

Let me know if that works.

Yep all are in a sync chain.

I think the problem is a bit different than i have initially thought.

The setings are syncing but not all, ones like language work fine but the themes, nightly experemental dont.

Also the top sites dont sync (and no way do add new top sits and if u onec remove all them no way to get them back)

Also open tabs dont sync.

P.s it would be nice if their was a way to choose which setings are to be sync and which not. (Pls tell if their is a way and i missed it)

1 Like

@Veerhan the settings you are trying to sync are from the same Brave versions or some of them are from Beta or Nightly? If that’s the case, try syncing only between devices that have the same Brave version, as the release version may not have features from the Beta or Nightly versions.

Also, to choose which settings you would like to Sync go to brave://settings/braveSync/setup > Sync Settings > Sync Data there you will be able to select the data you want to sync.

Have tried to sync b/w a laptop and phone of same version, the top sits and open tabs stil didant synced

1 Like

Hello again @Veerhan, please provide the following information in order to investigate further:

1. Description of the issue:
  2. Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):1.2.3.
  3. Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
  4. Expected result:
  5. Reproduces how often:
  6. Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
  7. Additional Information:

Be waiting for your response.

The open tabs and top sits

Steps to reproduce:
Start a sync chain and conect your devices and set the sync to all
Open some tabs and add some top sits on one then reload the 2nd
The opened tabs and top sits dont show on 2nd

Actual result:
Device 1:

Device 2:

Cant show for top sites as by mistake removed all and now cant add any

Version of brave used is 1.46.134

1 Like

@Veerhan please try the following to see if you are able to sync the top sites on your second device: Settings > display > new tab page > toggle on show top sites.

Let me know if that works.

@Veerhan

Nightly experimental may not Sync because it’s experimental — I believe this only applies to Brave themes.

I’m actually not sure if Top Sites are included in the syncable data types — I will double check on this.

To view open tabs from your other devices (Android), go to Menu --> Recent tabs and you will see a list of open tabs on other devices listed below any recent tabs opened on the device you’re using.

1 Like

Hmm alright looks like everything is resolved then

The top sites aren’t in the sync (apologies for confusion) and the priblem of them not appearing resolved after app data and reinstalling.

1 Like

@Veerhan glad to know the issue was resolved. If you have any other concerns you can contact us back by creating a post on our community.

Regards.

For me only a few tabs are synced (on windows), maybe 50, but I have way more opened on android phone (around 150).