Sync open tabs on macOS

Hello all,

I am sorry if this question has already been answered, but I did a search and the last thread dealing with this is from August as far as I can see. Maybe something has changed in the meantime.

Description of the issue:
I’m having trouble with the syncing open tabs feature, maybe I am also not understanding how it is supposed to work. I have two Mac devices in a sync chain. I can send tabs to the other device, but open tabs are not synced automatically between the devices, nor can I see which tabs are open from the respective other device.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Just through general use.

Reproduces how often:
Everytime.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Both devices are macOS 1.13.6

I didn’t see anything specific in the support section. If anyone could give me any additional information I would be very thankful.

Btw, I have already tried leaving the sync chain and creating a new one, and it didn’t change anything. In the sync settings, I have also chosen to sync everything on both devices.

I have been experienced same issue. This started when I moved my User profile over a new macbook. Same user and permission on both computers. This is what is being logged:

[32791:775:1028/141804.388947:ERROR:brave_sync_prefs.cc(114)] Decrypt sync seed failure

I want to mention that closing the browser, deleting the profile directory and opening it again will work but I don’t want to loose my current settings/extensions/etc

Found a workaround. Reading the code here turns out that deleting or replacing the brave_sync_v2.seed from ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser-Beta/Default/Preferences I could leave the current chain.

No. You must surely mean 10.13.6. (That’s the latest release of MacOS High Sierra, and was released July 9, 2018.)

Arguably, there’s a bug in that Brave can’t handle the situation when a User profile exists / is copied to two machines.

Glad I found this thread; good to know the sync feature is beta quality at best. I just noticed it currently doesn’t support iOS or iPad at all.

You claim you were able to send a tab from mac to mac but I can’t get that to work. I’m using a 5k iMac and a 2020 MacBook Pro. It recognizes my other mac and when I right click the tab and “send to mac” it says it is sending and the message will go away but the tab never appears on the other mac.

My understanding of how this is supposed to work is: Manually click tab, select send tab, tab appears on other computer. But this does not happen to me. I’m running the latest version of Brave and I’m still on Big Sur on both machines but this SHOULD NOT MATTER!

I am on Big Sur because I use a lot of software and upgrading tends to break things unless you want half a year.