Sync between iOS and Mac OS not working

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

I can’t sync between my mac and my iphone. When I start the process, the browser on my mac won’t generate a QR code or the words, but my iPhone will bring up the camera or word box. If I try to start the sync from my iPhone, it just sits there and has a loading symbol that just keeps spinning.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Simply try to sync your mac to iphone. I go to sync on my mac and say to start a new sync chain.
  2. I select mobile
  3. The mac says to scan the QR code below, but there is no code and it just says “Looking for Device”

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Mac Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

iOS Version 1.12.1 (19.09.20.23)

Mobile Device details
iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.1.2

Additional Information:
Also curious if there’s somewhere you can just login for it to sync, or if this takes the place of that? If it does, maybe implement a login system like you have here for the forums.

Last night I decided to just try again today, and it worked. Not sure why, just know that tech is weird sometimes. haha

Thanks for letting us know, the server must have lagged or something :frowning:
We are working on better sync implementation in the future to avoid similar intermittent problems

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.