Stuck in a Connect and Verify Rewards Wallet Service Loop

When trying to open the Settings for Brave Rewards icon I got sent to brave://rewards/. I thought I was already had rewards activated, but I went ahead and click the “Start Using Brave Rewards”. This opened the Brave Rewards Icon pop-up again. Clicking the settings again, looped me back to brave://rewards/, again.

So I thought I try and reset the verified Uphold wallet, to see if that would break the loop. I unverified and then click the “unverified” button in the pop-up to re-connect my Uphold wallet. But instead of bringing up the Choose a Wallet Service screen, it brought me to brave://rewards/#verify. This screen showed the same information as brave://rewards/–including the “Start Using Brave Rewards” button.

I, of course, click the “Start Using Brave Rewards” button which put me back into the loop again.

So now I can’t get to the settings page, AND now my Uphold wallet is unconnected to Brave Rewards, and I can’t reconnect it.

I’m using MacOS 12.5, and Brave Version v1.45.118

Is your browser wallet currently verified? It was, but now, No

What date did you verify your wallet? Jan or Feb of 2021, specific date I can’t recall

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

Are you using a VPN? No

Are you in a supported region for list of supported regions)? Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold? Yes

Could you turn off one extension at a time?

@Aman_M @Saoiray @rodrige any help ?

Only have two extensions: Presearch and MetaMask. Turn one off and try the Settings and the Unverified button. Still got the same redirect to brave://rewards/#verify with the “Start using Brave Rewards” button.

Umm im not sure. I actually had read a similar issue earlier today but can’t seem to recollect the solution. @SaltyBanana @Aman_M @rodrige any help?

What is interesting is that neither the Summary or Tip buttons on the icon pop-up respond when I click on them while on the brave://rewards/#verify page. But they do on any other page.

Can you go into brave://extensions and disable all extensions, relaunch the browser, then see if it’s still blank? This is commonly due to random browser extensions interfering with the rendering of the page.

This was the thing

@piedpiper Very starnge. So on brave://rewards/ you are seeing this-

but when you click on BAT triangle, you are not getting the option to Start using Brave Rewards?-

I think previously Rewards could be toggled on from brave://settings/rewards but I’m not getting that option now in a new profile. Tagging @Mattches for more info. Also, can you check if you have a Rewards payment ID on brave://rewards-internals/ (Don’t post it) and whether the Key info seed is Valid?

1 Like

Right…not getting that when I click the Triangle. I get this…

Also I do have a payment ID, but the Key info seed is invalid. Not sure what it was before I disconnected the Uphold wallet.

I did try that suggestion. Even went as far as to clear cache and reset settings for the browser. Still reproduced the loop when I went back into the BAT triangle, though.

Umm, as far as I know. If the key info seed is invalid there’s nothing much that can be done. You’ll have to reset the rewards. @Aman_M please tell if I’m right…

1 Like

@piedpiper,
Just to confirm, did you have estimated earnings for the month before this issue occured?

Yeah, I think SmartyAadi could be right. But I’m curious, @piedpiper have you changed any of your user data files inside the Brave Browser folder?

Looks like it @Mattches. His image here-

Yep, I did have those earnings. It started last night. With first not being to access Settings.

I just added that image to my profile today when I set up the Community account. Issue started before this.

Correction:

Key info seed: Valid

:man_facepalming:

Also saw this…

Could this have caused the glitch during the migration?

i just want to know where his the money im not getting in my wallet please seen i sign up i have not see anything in my wallet other thing this gemini thing its not let me do anything to get money in my walllet

Okay, this isn’t real fix, but I ended up creating a new profile and was able to connect my Uphold wallet to it just fine, and go to settings.

So it looks like my other profile is jack up somehow.

I can still log into it, and view rewards earned for the month Nov., but I still can get into settings or connect a wallet to transfer over rewards

…And I don’t know if my Oct rewards will transfer over if the wallet is not connected, but at least I can continue to earn on the new profile. :man_shrugging:t2: