Spotify keeps crashing in Brave

I never have Memory Saver enabled. It is kind of an annoyance for me. Although, I would like to add that Microsoft Edge with Spotify seems to be working completely fine even though it is based on Chromium.
So, I am not exactly sure what is causing this issue but majority of Chromium browsers have this problem.
I have tested Spotify on Firefox as well and it works completely fine.
So, most probably a Chromium issue.

Windows 10, 32 GB of RAM, constantly crashes, as described above.
Latest crash on Version 1.63.165 Chromium: 122.0.6261.94

Does spotify crash in private window mode? (no extensions)

1 Like

Yes, it does crash in private mode.

All - not a tech guy by any stretch, but thought Iā€™d report that I replicate this issue in Bandcamp as well as Spotify, whenever I am streaming music >30min. Iā€™m running
Version 1.63.169 Chromium: 122.0.6261.111 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win 10.

Same here. Tried all the above solutions, none seem to be working. Tested on other Chromium browsers as well, still having the same results. Hope this gets a patch or a fix as it really is an inconvenience

Same issue here; been driving me nuts for a month or so, and I switched over to Safari (no issues there). Unfortunately, Safari is such a resource hog compared to our lovely Brave.

But yes, incognito, memory saver on/off, etc., none of it makes a difference. Spotify crashes (Error 5) without fail, 100% of the time.

1 Like

is there a chromium issue opened ?

I searched for a chromium issue but couldnā€™t find anything.

I wonder if manually blocking some tracking scripts (through brave shield or any other ad blocker) would help at all.

Edit: Just tried with strict blockers and it still crashed, at this point I believe itā€™s just an issue with the service worker (in other words, a bug in spotifyā€™s code, and totally unrelated with their trackers/marketing partners)

1 Like

Apologies if this was asked and answered, but is there a chromium issue that has since been logged and/or supported by all of us here? Itā€™s pretty darn annoying to use the desktop app or another browser just for music.

This has been happening to me for about a month as well. Happens in both Brave and Chrome on Windows 10, so it seems like itā€™s a Chromium issue.
Any updates on tracking down the cause yet?

Same here, i reinstall Brave after using Edge for quite a while. I tried turn off the CPU Memory saver or something like that but didnā€™t work.

The problem occurs when playing songs on Spotify for a long time, causing it to crash with an Out of Memory error in the Brave browser.
To resolve, try clearing the browser cache, updating the software version, or ask for support from Spotify or Brave.

i donā€™t know if this will be helpful to people trying to solve this, and i didnā€™t see it above; on my iMac Spotify only crashes if 1) i wake the computer from sleep (it almost always keeps playing while screen saver / asleep), or 2) if i am working in other tabs and return to the Spotify tab. thanks for working on this, whomever is!

I am having this issue with Spotify in the same way as well. Iā€™m just going to switch to the app but I wish I didnā€™t have to because of the crazy amount of tracking they do.

Edit: Iā€™ve noticed that I can listen to music on Youtube and work in other tabs just fine without getting an Out of Memory error. Maybe a Spotify issue?

does disabling shields on spotify help?

1 Like

Disabling shields does not seem to help. Still get the error after after a few minutes of listening.

Same issue here, Spotify memory use just keeps increasing until the ā€˜Aw snapā€™ message -

Brave is up to date

Version 1.64.109 Chromium: 123.0.6312.58 (Official Build) (64-bit)

https://www.reddit.com/r/truespotify/comments/1ay9n3d/spotify_crashes_and_gives_me_out_of_memory_error/

Looks like Chromium related, still investigating

Does it occur in Firefox? Just checking if its spotify itself or just Chrome/Brave

1 Like

Havenā€™t had this issue in any Chromium based browser except Braveā€¦