Spontaneously opening new tabs / Google.com

Description of the issue:
Whilst watching YouTube in fullscreen Brave occasionally opens another tab (google)

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary)
: 1.Watch a video on Youtube in full screen.
2. Don’t touch the mouse, keyboard or computer in any way.
3. You are now on Google

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Unavailable as it seems entirely random as to when it happens. There is nothing remarkable to see anyway. Simply opens a new tab ( https://www.google.com ) to the right of the existing tab (youtube) as if you clicked “new tab to the right” except it doesn’t open the Brave homepage it opens google.

Expected result:
Fix it? It isn’t the end of the world but it is annoying.

Reproduces how often:
Usually about 5 minutes after I get into bed to watch whatever I was watching. However, it seems random. Maybe once or twice per day.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10
Version 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information
Brand new PC that has only downloaded from official sources. Brave is the only browser installed.

Hello @Zoffy

could you try to disable all extension and see if it help or not and if it did not help try to clear cache/cookies

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have just disabled all extensions and cleared my cache/cookies as you instructed and I will report back with my findings.

I have noticed that it isn’t only whilst watching Youtube. It happens at any time.

Thanks in advance.

you welcome @Zoffy :slight_smile:

Once again, sorry for the slow reply.

I removed all extensions and it stopped opnening new tabs. It was either Utorrent or Youtube extension that was doing it. I didn’t use either of them so it was no issue to remove them.

Thank you for finding a solution for me.

~Nick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.