Split window flickers

Description of the issue: One of the splitted screen flickers after trying to close it. I have two tabs open in the private window that flickers.
The computer mouse is also flickering when hovering it on the flickering window.
As a side-note, computer mouse is flickering or leaving a trailing trace on the screen on every start of Brave browser.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Drag the general window to the left side of screen.
  2. Drag the private window to the right side of screen.
  3. Close the private window being split.

Expected result: The private window closes.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.62.153 Chromium: 121.0.6167.85 64-bit

Additional Information:
I use Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64-bit.
I am uploading a video about it:
Screencast from 27.01.2024 22_48_37

It happened to me single time I try to close a window, or to edit the Bookmarks from the drop down menu. I installed beta version, and it’s the same issue from the start.

I had to downgrade to Brave 1.62.147, and the problem is no longer there.

Edit: I’m using LMDE 6, and since you’re an Ubuntu user, it could be a problem with Debian-based distros…

There’s another user with same issue, and he’s using Debian 12. So I think we found a pattern.

What happens next after we found a pattern?

The same for me, but openning more than one tab in the same window without splitting. Every thing is stable until I close brave from the close button, then the issue happens. Closing tab by tab, brave closes normaly. Same version of brave and ubuntu as the first post

1 Like

Now we’re four… I tried to open a new thread with the “Brave malfunction in Debian based distros” issue but it’s not allowing me to start a new topic.

Might the standard mesa package could be related with it? I recently installed it and before that I had no flickering.

Found this…
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/11j7bxn/need_explanation_about_mesa_and_distro_advice/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.