Auto-Contribute Bugs

When I downloaded the Brave browser I turned all my auto-contributions off, but Thursday the system took my BAT from my wallet I earned in March and auto-contributed anyways even though the ‘Contributions’ tab within ‘Rewards Internals’ confirms that my auto-contribute was indeed off (see picture below).

BAT-March 25-Auto Contribution Bug

On a separate note, I installed the Brave update Friday and I noticed that it flipped my auto-contribution switch back on. It would be awesome if our auto-contribute settings could be saved like all other settings during an update so people do not lose their BAT unexpectedly in this manner. I cannot emphasize enough this is a 2nd issue, and it occurred 1 day after the first issue. I do not believe they are related although they could cause a similar result next month if I had not manually caught it and changed it.

that’s weird, it has happened to me once but that was in an older version of brave several months ago.

Could it be that something went wrong with the browser installation? @Mattches

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Auto Contribute is ON by default and must be manually turned OFF. Did you turn it OFF?
  • Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Hi steeven, I appreciate you stopping in to help support!

1. I did turn it off the day I downloaded Brave.
  2. I don’t have an Uphold account. I use Brave on three devices, but I don’t have the 25 BAT requirement in any of them yet so it won’t let me verify or create an Uphold account. Am I being at total noob about this somehow?
  3. I have PM’d you the screenshots.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.