BAT (bitcoin auto contribute)

Hi, this keeps happening on both my phone and pc versions. Just a week or so ago, the auto contribute option I know I turned off turned back on again, or it didn’t autosave me turning it off in the first place, which in that case there should always be a SAVE or APPLY settings for this section. And just a week ago, after it turned back on without notifying me, It decided to take all the bitcoin I spent almost a month trying to get, 20 from my laptop and 5 from my phone, did not notify me of that transaction, I went to me uphold account and also saw it. so not an error, brave literally gave themselves back the bitcoin that I earned. fricking unacceptable.
I turned off auto contribute the first 2 times. I come back today to find I have NOTHING?! I go to my brave settings and turn IT BACK OFF, and I check “activity” and saw it did save when I turned it off. My phone’s bat and my laptop’s bat were turned back on to auto contribute, and now I have almost NOTHING!! I want my 20 BAT back, and the 5 that was taken from my phone. There are no “apply settings” in the rewards settings, and I KNOW I turned that off. I will contribute to who I desire, not turn the dang auto contribute off only for it to not fricking autosave itself and without my knowledge auto contribute back to Brave! I want my crypto back!
I would like to swear to express my utmost anger, but brave won’t let me make this post unless I take it out, so I hope for those who read this to understand my anger and pain.

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

I have only my phone and pc connected to brave, nothing else. Brave rewards treats both like they are separate, which is kind of strange since they are linked to the same account.

I need to see if this can be taken care of. I will contribute to who I feel, I thought that was the whole point of being able to turn that option off. Update Brave, put in a save feature for when you turn that off so it doesn’t come back on, and give me my damn currency back, please.

I had this same problem 2 days ago, I also use more than one device linked to my account and I always make sure that this option is turned off, but yesterday I realized that a transaction had been made that removed 7.25 BATs from my wallet, I tried for several times contact support by email, but without success, I would like to solve this problem as soon as possible because after this transfer I lost almost all my BATs.
If anyone can help me I will be very grateful.

Hey, so I notice nothing has been done about it. And this thread says it’ll be deleted a month after it’s been made. So I really need this to be taken care of.

@aleclbrotherton - please DM me the email linked to your account.

It’s either alecpotterwand@gmail.com
Or aleclbrotherton@gmail.com

Thanks. Should have this refunded by Monday.

Dont have anything at the moment

Thanks for your patience. Wallet refunded.

Yeah I just checked my wallet. I only got half of what was taken. Brave took 20 from my account, not 7.

I’ve just refunded the rest. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.