Since update, Slack links, email links, do not open in Brave when clicked

Like the title says, clicking on a link in an email (Outlook 2016) or in Slack messages no longer results in the link opening in Brave.

I did double-check that Windows 10 still considers Brave as the default browser (yeah, I’ve heard the stories, MS.)

Basically, no external app will trigger the Brave browser if a link in the external app is clicked.

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Description of the issue:
clicking on a link in an email (Outlook 2016) or in Slack messages no longer results in the link opening in Brave.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Click on any URL provided in Slack our Outlook, nothing will happen.

Expected result:
Browser opens new tab, displays content

Brave Version( check About Brave ):
Brave is up to date

Version 1.15.76 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (64-bit)

So I chatted up Slack yesterday for their role in this. They state that Brave is not a supported browser and, as such, is blocked by Slack.

I am finding more and more websites not supporting Brave anymore. its really becoming a hassle to go to the webpages I used to be able to access before… Guess its time to switch to firefox.

Latest update seems to have resolved this issue. Slack, Outlook, etc. all links opening Brave tabs as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.