Email click does not open my email program

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
A while ago, clicking on an email link on a website changed suddenly from opening my email program (outlook for mac) to a gmail web browser page. As this was very annoying and not useable, I turned this off, not knowing I could simply have changed the preference. Now when I click, either nothing happens, or a web browser tap is opened with the link as the url, but nothing opens.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. by clicking on any email link on a website

Expected result: have my outlook open an email when clicking an email link on a website

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.22.67 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:

Hi @Duckduck,
Can you go to brave://settings/handlers and check if gmail is listed as allowed to open mail. If so, please click on the 3 dot menu and remove.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.