Shield settings are wrongly blocking GDPR-related tool (iubenda)

It seems that your ad-blocking is categorizing as an ADV, a GDPR Related tool like “iubenda”

This is a false alarm and we think shouldn’t be blocked

Shield settings: https://prnt.sc/rPs-TVRrYmgt
Screenshot of the issue: https://prnt.sc/zXi_3gxg-Xlj

In this case we were trying to inject a Terms and condition document following this guide: https://www.iubenda.com/en/help/78-privacy-policy-direct-text-embedding-api and you’re wrongly blocking iubenda.js - it doesn’t install cookies and it’s not a marketing thing, it just inject a legal document on the website.

Iubenda in general, allows you to create your own privacy and legal documents (iubenda.js) and also to create a banner to manage cookies and prior-blocking, so it makes websites compliant with the US Law and GDPR (iubenda_cs.js)

The issue doesn’t happen with other browsers and disappears when I disable Shields.

Thank you for checking this issue

If you wish not to block cookie consent messages, just disable Easylist Cookie in brave://adblock

this is not a solution, because you are blocking something that shouldn’t be for all the brave users and in my specific case, I’m not talking about a cookie consent message, but the integration of a legal text inside a page. This is an issue…

The problem you are not seeing is that even if you are not using it for ‘cookie consent message’, the script is meant for what it was meant for, a script for cookie consents, which can be used with their API to track and collect users information and all. Which is exactly why Brave provides this, exactly to avoid being tracked by cookie notices.

for example let’s analyze what the documentation says:

The Consent Database JavaScript library allows you to record consent actions performed by your users, referred to as “subjects,” throughout the rest of this guide.

and their data collection is:

that’s just one part, of it.

Why do you need such a script to show a legal text? why not popover? if all you want is to show it to people? which is an API that is going to be supported in all browsers soon, unless they (like Firefox) already turned on by default; without having to use external services / JS libraries which say they can be used to track users and ‘record consent actions’ but still expect not to get blocked.

It is a script meant for cookie consent, maybe you need to switch to another solution not to get blocked if people opt to block cookie consent stuff.

You are referring to the “Consent Database” which is not the solution I’m using (if you look at their website they have different solutions: Privacy policy generator, Cookie Solution and Consent Database). In your case, you are referring to the documentation of the Consent Database.

I’m using the integration of a legal document and it doesn’t install cookies, and it’s not the solution you are mentioning in your reply.

Hope this helps to clarify

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.