“Send to device” not working

Sending a tab from Android to Win10 does not work

Latest version on both devices.

brave://sync-internals/ shows only a bookmark with the domain in-question, even though everything seems all-green on the status page.

@stdedos,
Thank you for reaching out.
On you phone, if you go to Settings --> Sync --> Data Preferences, do you have the Open tabs option enabled? Additionally, can you also check that your Windows machine is set to receive Open tabs data (Settings --> Sync --> Managed Synced devices --> Sync data)?

All set to sync all :confused:

@stdedos,
Thank you for confirming. Can you please send me a screenshot of your sync-internals page? Also, in the image you shared in the older thread, what happens if you do click on Go to Brave settings?

Can you please send me a screenshot of your sync-internals page?

Also, in the image you shared in the older thread, what happens if you do click on Go to Brave settings ?

This is no longer active. I merely tried to show that I have done due diligence.

Also … I just received all 3 of the URLs that I sent yesterday, today.
Still, however, clicking them does not open the page.

Instead, they are hiding in the notification bar. And after that, clicking them again makes them disappear.
No URL opening of any kind.

@stdedos,
Can you please ensure that notifications are enabled on your Win10 device? You can see in the Sync internals that it believes that they are not.

Aaaahh, so that’s what that is.

Notifications are enabled - they are just on perma-silent.
FYI, chrome has no problem with that:

@stdedos,
Interesting – so does taking notifications off silent allow you to send the tab? Also, just to be clear, when you send a tab between devices in this way, it typically will appear in the Tabs from other devices section in Settings --> History as well as the History drop down in the main menu:

It does appear faster, true - and also in all of the places you mentioned.

However Brave still complains about notification:

And, the notification still does not trigger in any way the opening of the webpage.

Maybe I should’ve mentioned it before - Brave is a side-installation (in "C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe"), and not the default browser.

@stdedos,
In Windows, if you go to Settings --> Notifications and Actions settings do you see Brave in the list of applications allowed to send notifications? Additionally, you said

:point_up: Just to confirm, you are getting the tabs sent from your Android device to your desktop device then?

The two tries after “Send to device” not working - #8 by Mattches (and after I received the delayed-by-hours notifications; sometime after “Send to device” not working - #7 by stdedos) had seem to have arrived almost immediately.

However, the notifications are no-op i.e. they don’t open the received page (and they don’t disappear immediately after clicking them)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.