Search in Tabs (Cmd+Shift+A) is shown to the left of the browse and mostly outside of the screen

Description of the issue:

In one of the two profiles I’m using simultaneously, pressing on Cmd+Shift+A opens the Tab Search popup to the left of the browser, and mostly hidden “behind the screen boundary”:

Steps to reproduce:

No exact reproduction steps. It had been working fine for weeks, until today it suddenly broke - and only in one of the profiles.

Quitting the browser and/or reopening the profile window does not help.

Reproduces how often:

Always after it happened once.

Brave Version:

Version 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional information:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Apple M1 Max
MacOS Monterey 12.4

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

The post below was from Brave support staff (moderator) in a different topic. But it made me wonder if this may be your problem also.

If you do not have access to the “Hamburger menu”, you can go to brave://settings/appearance and try adjusting zoom there. Hope this helps!

@anton_adelaide,
Yeah that’s quite strange given that the tab search button should be appearing on the top-right corner of the browser:

Maybe be a zoom issue, maybe an issue related to multiple monitors (are you using more than one monitor?), may also be an issue related to extensions — do you have any installed at this time?

My monitor is connected to my laptop, but the laptop is always closed, so its monitor is off.

Anyway, my setup has not changed since many months ago - same monitors setup, same browser, same extensions.

The tab search functionality was working just fine all this time.

@anton_adelaide,
Sometimes an application (Brave in this case) will update it’s code or the Chromium base will change or one of the extensions will get an update that simply breaks stuff — even if it was working perfectly the day prior.

Can you please try opening Brave on your laptop screen directly (I would even disconnect it from the external monitor temporarily) and then try opening the tab search pane and check to see if it opens properly?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.