Rewards don't sync between two devices

**Description of the issue: Rewards don’t sync between Notebook and Smartphone

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): I’ve added my smartphone to the device list but the rewards don’t sync

**Reproduces how often: It never works properly

**Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): 1.32.115

**Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question: Notebook and Smartphone

Additional Information:

2 Likes

Brave rewards/BAT do not sync and will probably never be synced by the current sync chain. You will need to use uphold/gemini for that. Visit brave.com for more info on it.

Thanks for clarification!

1 Like

I am trying to transfer my wallet into a new computer but I am unable to do so with uphold wallet articles.

i made a 2min recording here on the issue: https://watch.screencastify.com/v/0P4lEnjVOzNsGZrhy8m7

here is the article i followed that did not help: https://support.uphold.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043192832-You-don-t-have-your-Security-Key-and-you-re-logged-in

is this possible to do? move my uphold wallet ?but its asking me for a recovery key i have never received from uphold. I told them this issue and said to speak to Brave lol.

There are currently two different wallets in brave. A new brave in-built wallet was launched two weeks back, you seem to know it as I can see the wallet icon in top right hand corner.

But, there is another wallet hidden inside brave in every browser. Which we cannot access has nothing to do with new wallet or with uphold/gemini If you have enabled brave rewards, a wallet is automatically made inside the browser. In that wallet, users who want BAT from rewards are able to use it without their knowledge or knowing. The BAt deposited in that wallet is fake or virtual BAT commonly called in brave community as vBAT. The wallet 12/24 words key/recovery phrase is inside a particular folder, if you or on Windows you can see it in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data.

As you have enabled Brave rewards and veirifed with uphold, that is why you cannot access that hidden brave wallet. To answer your question, an Uphold wallet can work on upto 4 devices (only) in altogether. So if you surf the web on windows and android, you can link both of these devices with uphold and earn BAT with their respective amount per month. So, there is no need for recovery phrase as uphold is a custodial wallet. Go on each device, turn off brave rewards and click verify.

(Above information is as far as I know)

thank you for the answer!

I think i am in. i logged into my uphold wallet from the other computer and it shows “your balance” and it matches the same as my main computer. I should be good right? and my bookmarks are syncing which is perfect.

Did i miss anything?

i ask because i am wiping my main computer hence why i needed everything to transfer to the other computer.

Yes to all your answers.