Restore Lost Brave Profile

I recently purchased a new iMac with the M3 chip and after using the Migration Assistant app to transfer everything across from my old intel chip based iMac. I noticed the Brave app which was the very latest release version was not compatible with my new iMac which has macOS Somona 14.4.1 installed.

I downloaded and installed the very latest Brave release suitable for silicon/M3 based iMacs.

I tried deleting the default User Profile in the Brave Software stored in my Application Support Folder.

I then went into my Time Machine backups and retrieved a full copy of an Brave default user profile and installed that into my Brave Software folder in the correct location.

When I start Brave NOTHING has been restored to the way was before I transferred everything over to my new iMac. NO BOOKMARKS, NO EXTENSIONS or anything else.

I have taken a close look at the default user profile I transferred into the Brave Software folder and I can see correct folders for my Bookmarks and Extensions, the Extensions folder contains a list of the Extensions I was using before. But the data is not being recognised by Brave and when you open Brave it shows NO Extensions installed.

I also tried restoring a full copy of the Brave Software folder in my iMac Application Support folder.

What can I do to fix this and get Brave restored to the way it was.

I have full Time Machine back ups which contain all the installation data and default user profiles which Brave used previously before.

I must have done something wrong .

Please advise me how to transfer all of my data from an old Brave default user profile and restore all my lost Extensions and Bookmarks etc.