Migrate all Profiles to New MacBook

Description of the issue:
I am setting up a new Mac (not migrating) and have copied the /Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware folder from the old Mac to the new Mac and this does not work.

I have multiple profiles and need all of them on the new computer…what is the best way to do this?

How can this issue be reproduced?
Install on new machine and copy folders

Expected result:
See all of my settings, history, bookmarks etc. on the new computer.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.10.90
Additional Information:

Hi @bassix, Welcome to Community!
Within the Brave-Browser folder, there should be a another folder called Default. That folder contains book/extensions/history/etc, it is your main profile.
Path:
~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default
If you have a 2nd profile, it will be called Profile 1 , if you have a third - Profile 2 and so on.
You’ll want to copy the default and profile folders all into the new installation of Brave. At this moment, based on your situation, I think you should remove/uninstall the Brave you currently have on your new mac. Then reinstall it. Replace the new Default folder with the old one you want to transfer over. For your additional profiles, you should make a new profile within Brave, when you see the new profile folders created in the Brave-Browser folder, replace the folder contents with the contents from the old ones.

hi @Aa-ron and thank you for the reply :smiley:

I have tried the first part by replacing the “Default” folder. When I first launch Brave after the folder replacement, everything looks fine as far as pinned tabs and the bookmark bar, however when I open the settings tab, I get an error: " Some settings were reset

Brave detected that some of your settings were corrupted by another program and reset them to their original defaults."

Do you know why I am getting this?

This method is not perfect. It is a work around but not a solution. We do have a new Sync that has launched in our Nightly Build https://brave.com/download-nightly/, if you like you could check it out, eventually it will be uplifted to Release.

Ok…so I am just stuck then? This is completely broken now and I it just keeps telling me to relaunch the browser over and over…

Is there an export/import feature??

When you copied over the default folder and got the error message, did you get any options to click?
Yes there is import/export, if you go to brave://settings/passwords, you can export all passwords.

And brave://bookmarks/, to import/export bookmarks.

Unfortunately, you can not export history.