Removal of "Answer with AI" from Search Box

I know I can go into settings and disable Answer with AI from there however, it should be an “Opt In” to use AI rather than an “Opt Out”. Additionally, there is still a button in the search box itself on search.brave.com that references this functionality.

I intentionally have been using Brave because I wanted a lighter weight search engine that just give me results and having ANY usage of AI in my search results gives me significant concerns. The fact that this was rolled out to me WITHOUT MY CONSENT makes me question greatly the decisions that are being made by this company.

The roll out of AI should be IMMEDIATELY reversed.

2 Likes

Meanwhile the AI being so practical is the reason I switched from DuckDuckGo to Brave Search and making the latter better was a factor in my decision to switch to Brave with web discovery project and Google fallback mixing, so I disagree.

However I would hope the search URLs become more configurable so I could specify region to search in browser policy and you could specify that you don’t want to see AI without having to visit the settings page every time.

1 Like

@Michael.Donlon,
Yes, this can be disabled for search.brave.com on the Settings page as well as in the browser in Settings --> Leo. You should only have to change this setting once.

@Mikaela you can select search result regions by clicking the “tune” icon:

The “Answer with AI” does not disappear after I toggle all the Leo options off. This is what I’d like to get rid of. I’m finding it so annoying, after I go through the effort of removing it in settings, I would like it to be truly gone.

1 Like