Release v1.58.128: Passwords Not Working

(Moved over from Unclassified - new user error. Sorry.)

Updated today to v1.68.128. All passwords gone. Can add password via CSV file, but they go away. Tried to add new password which appears in password manager, but does not enter passwords into fields when browsing.

Windows 11 Pro 22631.3880.

Update: Close Brave, reopen, passwords gone.

Update: Apple Mac M2 Sonoma 14.5 appears to work. So this is a Windows 11 issue.

Update: Verified failure on second Windows 11 Pro system.

-Walt

1 Like

@whubis there’s not a lot of troubleshooting or steps I have for you and primarily will be tagging in @Mattches . That said, I would start you off with an ongoing topic and suggest you read through everything said by Mattches in the primary post. If you can reply with some of the information he requests, it would be great.

That topic is NOTICE: Unexplained Data Loss Issue

Got it - Thanks! I’ll head over to the other thread.

Same problem here. Brave just updated, and all my Password Manager data has been deleted.

Got the exact same problem on v 1.68.128. Everything seems to be there, except the passwords.

1 Like

Have the same problem. Complete uninstall with deleting user data and fress install it again solved. Do it if you have a backup your passwords, bookmarks, extensions list etc. But It needs to be fixed asap. If you don’t have a backup of those, you’re dead… :frowning:

Have the same issue. Except I’m showing this as:
Version 1.68.128 Chromium: 127.0.6533.73 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Woke up to the morning update and all passwords were gone. Imported the saved password file back into the browser, and they appear in the list – but the browser is NOT accessing them from the list, and passwords still have to be entered manually on each website. And once you leave the Password Manager and then go back to it, to view the list again, and the list that had been imported and was visible a few minutes earlier is no longer there.
This is at least the second or third time in recent years when this same problem has occurred – waking up to find that an update that occurred during the night completely deleted the saved password file. Chrome or no Chrome, this is not acceptable performance for Brave.

What a headache.
Everything gone and logins do not save either.
I had to import all data and passwords to Firefox and then downgrade Brave to 1.67.134 which brought everything back.
Did a data/passwords backup and will hold off on updating until a future version update corrects this issue.

1 Like

For those of you experience this problem, please follow the advice of @Saoiray above, and head over to that thread. There is a fix toward the end which has resolved all of my issues and my Brave installation came back 100%.