Reinstall previous version of Brave

I mistakenly uninstalled the Brave browser I had and did not save the bookmarks.
Is there a way I can go back to the one I had before (reinstall it)?

@countrygirl312 ,

No, if you made no backup of the important BraveSoftware folder:

Linux OS: /home/[username]/.config/BraveSoftware/

Mac OS: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/

Windows OS: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\

But, see what @CerealLover wrote in the next reply.

1 Like

Hi

@countrygirl312

The following recovery method applies to Windows not to mobile phones.

You can try recovering the files where bookmarks were stored in brave browser before uninstall. Your recovery chances depend on the bookmark files being overwritten or not. If completely overwritten you cannot recover them. This is not exact science.
The names of the files are bookmarks and bookmarks.bak. They are located for 64bit devices @ C:\Users*namevof yourvdevice*\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default

Follow the steps:

1. Download the freeware RECUVA from here https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva
  2. Install and use the wizard to scan in C:\Users*nameof yourdevice*\AppData\Local
    3.Check for the files bookmarks and bookmarks.bak and right-click to recover if visible in the list.

Good Luck.

2 Likes

@Chocoholic ,

@CerealLover 's Bookmarks recovery method, worth your consideration. I have not tested/tried it.

1 Like

Off topic and apologies to the OP, but I see 2 posts in this topic I like.

@289wk @CerealLover I am adding your posts to the current User Solutions topic. Thank-you!

@289wk thank-you for the heads up too!

1 Like

I was talking about FireFox bookmarks not Brave.

But I already uninstalled Firefox. Now Brave is very slow. Arrow just spins for a while when I open a tab. I am thinking about going back the Firefox

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.