reCAPTCHAs aren't accepting responses

The open issue regarding reCAPTCHA:

We’re still investigating

4 Likes

I had to switch to using another browser in order to reduce the daily frustration that was having with captchas in Brave. I see only now is Syncing on iOS is being tested. I could have sworn that iOS syncing was promised months ago when SyncV2 was released on the desktop or was I dreaming?

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with multiple websites. I have not changed any plugins or every had trouble before, but in Brave, ReCaptcha wants me to prove I’m not a robot so many times, I’ve lost patience and switched to another browser. After several minutes each time, I really can’t tell if it’s ever going to let me login. I’m going to have to switch back to Safari…

1 Like

How long we need to wait for fix this bug :confused: earlier few time everyday Even images didnt show up just checkbox now even images are failure

1 Like

Created an account just to say I have the same problem starting this week. Every recaptcha site I’ve encountered is the same. I don’t know what crosswalks, fire hydrants, or buses are.
Only difference is I’m using the mobile version of brave (android) and have the issue both on my home internet and on verizon wireless.

1 Like

OK. It really seens the recently version of Brave is affected with a bug on the recaptcha. I’m having the same issues reported here and no solution. I have tested the clean cache, disable and removing all extensions and no avail. Waiting for a solution from Brave team.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I came here as my last step before leaving Brave. Seeing that it’s a known problem and is being worked on, I will wait before leaving. The experience I’m having is on Windows PC. My nemesis is traffic lights. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think 1.15.76 may have fixed this! I updated last night and I haven’t been presented with a reCAPTCHA on Vultr. And I tried https://exmo.com/en/login and had only one challenge.

Is the new 1.15.76 working better for others, too?

1 Like

for me in both version the new and old one
i do not get recaptcha a lot but when there is one i need to do it manytime as you explained in your video

by the way i did not get it while try your both sites

have a nice day everyone

1 Like

I think I spoke too soon.

1 Like

@DanielJLewis :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

We’re working on an experimental build of Brave which may reduce the number of CAPTCHAs encountered as you browse the Web. I hope to have a link available shortly for those who would like to help test, and are aware of (and okay with) the brittle nature of a preview build. Fortunately, these builds can be installed on the same system as a Stable/Release build of Brave, so there is no need to overwrite your main instance of Brave.

More information to share soon! Thank you all again for helping us determine the size and scope of this issue, and for your incredible patience while we work to improve the experience.

1 Like

Well problem is not only amount but getting error after correct solving 3 times in a row too.

1 Like

I wanted to update this thread to share that we are currently testing an experimental build (https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.16.71) which appears to greatly improve the reCAPTCHA experience. If anybody would like to test this build as well, please be sure to back-up all of your data first before proceeding. This build will overwrite your current Release version of Brave if installed.

3 Likes

Version 1.16.72 is now available. This build should greatly improve your experience with reCAPTCHA while using Brave. Thank you all again for your incredible patience, and assistance as we worked to better understand this issue, and work towards an improved experience. https://twitter.com/BraveSampson/status/1323693165812002818

5 Likes

YEEEESSSSSS!!! Thank you! This is much better! I face far fewer challenges, and the few I get accept my correct responses the first time.

It’s so good to feel human again!

2 Likes

Earlier it was better because few times in a row captcha didnt appeared just check box. Now is not perfect but still :confused: I wonder what happened with brave browser that captcha was persistent more than before hmm

Google is using reCaptcha to force people to use Chrome.
Boycott reCaptcha, there are other captcha services not owned by Google.

Now it is OK for me. Thanks for the fix.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.