reCAPTCHA not working on browser

**Description of the issue:reCAPTCHA not working on browser
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. try to login on a page with reCAPTCHA

**Expected result:reCAPTCHA not working on browser

Brave Version( check About Brave): [
Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

2 Likes

Hey doritos,

Are you able to complete the captcha with Shields off?

2 Likes

Might be related to the Github report below.

Provide URL(s) of the website(s) you’re experiencing issues with so @fanboynz can take a look whenever he can.

You could try testing on Brave Nightly, one of the comments in the Github report above says that there aren’t reCaptcha issues in the Nightly builds.

3 Likes

hi Adrian, yup tried with the shields turned off but to no avail…

Thanks for this. I will try to switch to nightly version tomorrow in the morning as its late. Funny thing is, I’ve never had problems using reCAPTCHA on the standard Brave release up until now…

@doritos had reports the latest Brave Nightly fixes it, can you confirm?

1 Like

I decided not to as I read the Nightly may cause other instabilities. I guess I will wait a while longer until it is addressed in the standard version…

1 Like

Installing Brave Nightly won’t affect your regular Brave installation in any way, you shouldn’t be worried of any “instabilities”.

3 Likes

Brave Nightly installs as a separate profile, doesn’t affect other installations of Brave on your PC

3 Likes

I haven’t had the time to change it yet!

Thank you. The standard version still doesnt work, so I may have to try nightly.

I just tried. Fixed reCAPTCHA.

1 Like

the ReCaptcha issue is a pain. I’ve been checking a solution for weeks and it’s impossible to solve. I deleted the cache, data, re-installed the browser, the Beta and Nightly version, remove any time of security etc but nothing.
So far, it seems an issue that involves only Google Search and it happens only when you’re logged in to your Google account.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.