Profile is flagged. How do I get it back to normal?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Mac OS. Brave is up to date
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
cannot verify because it is flagged
What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

Is there any way to speak to someone from Brave directly?

Yes…my profile is flagged too.

When flagged, it’s often done by the system and as it says in their FAQ, all you can do is wait to have the flag removed. Sometimes you can reach out to staff via DM, such as @steeven and @Mattches explaining your issue and providing your Wallet Info from brave://rewards-internals so they can look into it, but they can’t generally do much for you. On occasion they might see there was an error and remove the flag, but that’s fairly rare (in my opinion), especially since they always have their hands full handling a variety of issues/concerns.

On top of that, they don’t ever explain why you’ve been flagged. So if you even are wanting to find out what activity flagged you, you’ll not be able to figure that out. Generally though, it’s due to suspicious behavior such as using VPN to appear in other regions, changing data within your Brave folders, etc.

In past incidents where someone got flagged, how long does it take to be unflagged? generally speaking

I honestly wouldn’t have a clue. If you sincerely did nothing wrong, then messaging them would just be based on how busy they are and where your message arrives, as they go in the order received. So anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks for them to generally see messages. But then depending on the issue and all, it can take them anywhere from a couple minutes all the way up to several months to resolve things.

Of course, have to keep in mind they don’t actively work the forums here over the weekend. So you have to pay attention to that on posts and messages. Like right now it’s Saturday night, just turning Sunday. So they won’t be here for another another 30+ hours or so. Meaning if you sent something now, you won’t hear anything from them before then most likely and when they return they’ll be sorting through everything they were working on Friday as well as all requests/tickets received from over the weekend.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.